Saturday, June 14, 2008

This and that.

What to say, I haven’t talked too many of you in such a long time.

Today me and two others from my class went into Edmonton, or more specifically Sherwood park. This is home to the Strathconna County fire department. We went to Hall #1 and got a great tour. It is an integrated service, which means that they are both fire and EMS. This is very appealing to me and they seem like a very with it department… new trucks, innovative equipment, good everything really. I still hope something works out in Regina, but if not I am at least feeling like their might be some other options for Mrs. Brody and I.

A couple weekends ago I competed in the River land Adventure Challenge. I went with 5 other students form my program and we knew it was sort of for fun but we still planned on wining it. Well it did NOT go well. Started off great, then about 20 seconds in one of our twosomes tipped their canoe. 10 minutes later they were back in but we were so far back we were pretty much the last ones out of the canoes. The 5k run was next, and that went pretty good, can’t really screw up a run, and we made up lost of time, but then the bike started and about 500m in to the 15k I blew my front tire. So then for the rest of the way we had to double one person, or one person ran while the rest biked. At that point it meant we were just having fun, so it was good times. It was less fun when we missed our last turn and instead of being about 500m from the finish we went 5k in the wrong direction, then 5 k back. I was not happy. But all in all a good day. Still glad I did it.

So what else had been going on besides fire stuff? Not much. There really isn’t much going on around here besides school. I am on a slo-pitch team, it’s actually pretty fun. The golf course here is pretty decent and I have put in a few rounds there. And with 9 holes costing only 12 bucks it is dirt cheap. Combine that with watching some Jays games, about 6 phone calls a day with the lovely wife back home and that pretty much is what is going on with me.

Later folks.

Riders are 1-0 in the preseason…nice.


Here are a couple pictures for your viewing pleasure.







10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Handsome Firefighter!

Anonymous said...

Yea why doesn't Brody look that good in a fire costume?

Moving on, you can screw up a run, you could miss a step or ledge or hit a rock and twist an ankle or the complete unexpected mauled by a bear.

Brody said...

I never thought of the run that way. I am lucky to be alive, I hereby promise to make each and every day count for the rest of my life.

Well i am off to bed early...

Anonymous said...

Well played sir.

Anonymous said...

Ok, so let's just get this straight. Regina is priority still, right. What the hell, are you trying to stress me out? put me on bed rest? cause me to have a break down? Don't you be getting to cozy over there in AB. No riders there. (side note, I went to the game on Friday!!! It's fun even when you're sober). K, well come home soon.

Anonymous said...

my cats breath smells like catfood.

Brody said...

Yes, Regina is still priority. Just trying to establish a few back up plans. I don't need to stress you out. That keep the preeclampsia to a minimum. (Just dropped my first medical term in a blog comment.)

Anonymous said...

There are also NO bears in Regina just geese and cougars roam our pathways.

Anonymous said...

If you move, I call dibs on your house, hockey card collection, and firewood stack.

* note - house includes new bbq.

Score.

But seriously, don't move.

Brody said...

at least you left wife out of the equation. Also, you can have my blue jays pictures...they suck.