Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Life Update

The stress level was about an 8 out of 10 earlier today...down to about a 5-10 now, but there is much to much happening right now.

On the good news front I got a call from the fire dept I applied to and will be moving on to the aptitude testing taking place next week. Certainly a move in the right direction.

I go to day 1 of 3 of my hospital practicum tomorrow. It is surgery day so i will be starting IV's and controlling airways....aren't you all glad your not at the Vermilion hospital for a vasectomy tomorrow. Apparently those are quite popular here.

Only 3 weeks left of school. In fact I only have 10 days of actual class left. Exciting. It's been fun but I am ready to be done. Have my med final next Tuesday, but after that it will be a coast to the finish. I somehow ended up as MC for our graduation ceremonies. i could have passed it off to a teacher I'm sure, but it will be easier to do it myself than try and explain to them how I - I mean WE want the day to go.


I didn't vote today. Hope that doesn't come back to bite me in the ass. Mrs. Brody did vote, so that makes me feel a little better.

later folks.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

DM might bite you in the ass! Vasectomies I see why you are stressed I'm stressed just reading it.

Anonymous said...

So, IVs and Vasectomies... Those might be some stressed out dudes. Getting a student to start the IV and have their spaghetti and meatballs forked.

Unknown said...

What's this about MCing??? I didn't know that? Let go of the control... haha

Derek Murdoch said...

I knew this day would one day come. Our little guy is growing up and will soon be finished school.

'IVs and Vasectomies' - sounds like a twisted country song that needs to be written. Hmmmm....

For shame for not voting. No, that's fine. It's your choice. Just don't let me catch you bitching about the government. It is a right to vote/choose, not necessarily a duty.

Good on you for MCing, keep a militious order to the ceremony.

Anonymous said...

Next year brody just go to the polls with DM, throw your vote and that way he'll think you voted and you can bitch to him all you want.

Anonymous said...

Make sure you call me on it - if I bitch about the government. I am still allowed to bitch about politics in general though.

Two dudes lost their manhood on Wednesday. I was wicked tired after 12 hours...those nurses are tough.