Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The waiting game

Holy Crap, I am starting to go crazy. I got a call from my friend Eric who is also going through the hiring process, and he is also starting to go crazy, so he called the dept. today to see what was up. Turns out that there STILL hasn't been any decision made on how many recruits will be hired. Apparently negotiations are still underway between the province and the county to over the ambulance contract. Of course, anything involving the government in turning out to be long and drawn out. Apparently the Deputy Chief is now on holidays until the 21st. I also hear that the start date has been pushed back from early Feb to mid Feb.

So in summary it is getting ridiculous. I have pretty much put my life on hold waiting to hear about this job. I know that is my choice, and probably a stupid one, but in my defense they have pretty much been string me along, week to week, for almost exactly a month. I am still fairly confident I will have a job, but with each day that goes by more and more doubt creeps into my mind.

I need to get a job. I want it to be in the EMS field, but I don't know how to do that when I have no idea if I will be around Regina for 1 month, or 6 months...or longer.

I feel so useless. I need some structure in my life. I need a reason to get up in the morning...and once up, stay the hell off the couch.

Anyway, enough feeling sorry for myself. Time to get up and frickin do something.

Have fun working.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recommend starting a blog. Oh wait.

Here are some other options for you:

Shovel driveways for money like a common 12 year old. Shovel mine for free.

Do push-ups.

Be a good housewife.

Work on a business plan for Harvey's Hot Dog Stand (It could land you a very high position in the company).

Air widdle

Make friends with a Chinese man

Creep

Play fantasy sports

Play video games

Cure cancer

Write angry letters to Blue Jays management.

Those are just a few of my many suggestions.

As an aspiring life coach, I feel these are your best options. Feel free to contact me, and for a fee, I can provide further guidance.

I'm sure it will all work out for you in the end. I recommend you soak it all in and enjoy it for now, as likely you will never have such a period in your life again until you retire. Such as was Nov 04-Feb 05 period in the life of murdoch. Magical times.

Anonymous said...

Make friends with a Chinese man????

Anonymous said...

Sorry last one was mine got a little trigger happy with the ENTER key.

Brody said...

All fabulous ideas. i will weigh them each for their positive and negative merits and make a decision shortly.

Weird fact, the last time I was unemployed was Nov '04 to Feb '05. Why did we not hang out?

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Brody are you friends with a Chinese man? Likely not so why question?

Brody said...

It is a well know fact that Mrs. Brady does not like Chinese people. It's a source of tension between us but I try to look past it.

I kid, i kid, she likes everyone. Except Gingers of course... Crazy red headed bastards.