Thursday, January 24, 2008

I'm back

So it has been a while since I posted anything on this fair blog of mine, and I have to admit that since return from the land that Castro built I haven’t really had an itch to blog. Likely it is just a combination of fatigue from a vacation and playing catch up at work, so I figure I will just force myself to write something in hopes that I will re-inspire myself.

Prior to leaving I was told that my blogs were getting a little “sappy” and I can’t argue with that. What with all the wedding stuff, Christmas, and the end of another year there was just too much mushy stuff to talk about. But enough of that, it ended with my crying at the reception, I will now refocus my posts on random rants on random subject, with the odd personal story if it fits.

I guess the obvious thing would be to talk about Cuba, but I really don’t know where to start. Most of my readers were there, so they know it was wicked good times, and for those of you who weren’t, I will give you the low down sometime face to face. There are plenty of pictures and face book and the now Mrs. Brady and I will get some pics up there soon. A quick summary of Cuba though. Long flights, nice hotel, ok food, awesome wedding, creepy Europeans, great GREAT times, lots of rum punches, pepto and Imodium, cigars, jeeps, hangovers, beautiful weather, relaxation, sweet Chinese food, Havana, shark, lizards, and dominos. I don’t know what else to say.

I will add that I hate ESPN. It is a junk station with junk programming. Even though my beloved TSN Sportscentre is basically the little sister to ESPN version, their version is a shit show that jumps all over the place spending the entire time talking about basketball then football, then basketball, then football, and so on. Junk. I had so much hockey to get caught up on when I got back. That station creates a deep hatred within me for our neighbors to the south. I could never live there for sports reasons alone.

Speaking of hating Americans…Cuban’s hate Americans with a passion. I can’t blame them really, for as long as most people can remember the US has basically treated Cuba like a cancer of the face of the earth. Granted I’m not completely up to speed on all the issues, but it seems pretty silly to me that after all this time the relationship hasn’t been fixed. Can’t we all just get along…oh, getting sappy again.

And speaking of hockey, I am pumped the my leas fired their GM, John Fergeson Jr. He never really got it together. Now we got a 72 year old, who man or man not be senile. But al least it isn’t Glen Healy. I hate to say it but they need to trade away Mats for a boat load and get this team in a rebuilding phase that will allow us to compete again in a few years.

Well I think that’s enough for now. It’s good to be back in the world of blogging. Talk to you all soon.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Creepy Europeans... how about too many banana hamicks!!! That can not be comfortable.

Lizards, Lizards and more Lizards. I think they were out to get you or at least keep you up all night. Still makes me laugh!

Anonymous said...

I'm tellign you, I could see them swarming me like a back of wolves. All up the walls, hiding in plain site. Turns out I don't like lizards. Who knew.

Anonymous said...

They need to get rid of their crappy players...so everyone but Matts. He wants to stay, the city loves him, he is talented and he can lead a crew of young guns. They need to get rid of guys like Blake, suck up their losses and actually try to build a team rather than buy washed up whiners.

Hey Mrs. Brody you can come visit Ambers pet Salamander.

Anonymous said...

I guess I should say Brody's

Anonymous said...

Those lizards also spooked me on more than one occasion, darting across the walking path and such. But, I don't think I quite had the paranoia of them climbing walls. I put one in peckers suitcase hoping he wouldn't notice. I think he took it home. Now we'll see how devestation bringing foreign species in a foreign land actually can be. Don't tell pecker.

Anonymous said...

I nearly forgot about the quivering lip during your touch thank you speach...I still managed to LAUGH OUT LOUD :)

Anonymous said...

oops, I meant - touching thank you speach

Anonymous said...

M - I woudl love to get ride of Blake, McCabe, Kubina, Raycroft, Tucker, and Gill, kust to name a few. But no one is willing to give up anything for a bunch of overpaid bums.

Yes, there were many Lizards in our bungalow. Those little bastards move fast. And they were biiger than the little one watchign you pee in Brizzy's bathroom.

mf- you just laughed so you wouldn't cry. It was totally lame of me, I am such a sap. I'm still pissed at zentner that she didn't so much as shed a tear the whole time. The scratched up rim on my car she cries over, but marrying the love of her life...nothing.

Anonymous said...

Two things -

1) I think may apply for the job as Leafs GM. It can't be any more thankless than the job I have now. And though I may seem underqualified, I've been underqualified for any job I have ever had. Ever. Including the Lanigan Esso.

2) You cried??? I must have been in the bathroom during that speech cause I don't remember. You didn't cry at the ceremony when your lovely bride to be walked down the isle, but you cried thanking all your friends for coming to cuba? And you're going to be a firefighter?

Anonymous said...

Hey Gary...Shut Up!

Anonymous said...

Good thing Lizards dont bother me. The leafs on the other hand, they bother me. Maybe they should try to sign old free agents in the off season. Maybe Brian Leetch and Chris Chelios could turn their defence around. ALL HAIL FERGUSON!!!