Wednesday, February 11, 2009

25 random things about me.

So there is a facebook “thing” going on right now in which a person puts 25 random things about themselves for people to read. I guess it's to help people get to know each other a little better. I am not really comfortable putting my 25 on facebook, but I will put them on this blog…which nobody reads. Many of these things you will likely know about me, some you may not. I think the other bloggers should do this too.

1. I watch Sportcentre almost every morning while I eat breakfast.
2. I have two egg whites and one full egg almost every morning for breakfast.
3. Although I lived a great childhood, I think I am happier now than I have ever been.
4. I would rather go to a movie than to a bar.
5. I am proud of my university degree, but don’t really know what the heck I learned.
6. I am a little worried about the fact I was never confirmed at church.
7. I really have no interest in music. Although I wish I did.
8. I used to show heavy horses at fairs.
9. I like to think I am handy, but many of my projects prove otherwise.
10. I have never had the urge to travel overseas to place like Europe or Asia. I would love to see more of Canada and the States.
11. Although I have been flown with airlines more time than I can count, I still get a little worried every time we land.
12. I am extremely proud of having grown up on a farm, and of what my parents do on the farm, but I have never wanted that as my career.
13. Sometimes I think I have the best wife ever, other times I know it.
14. It drives me crazy when people type without using complete sentences and proper grammar or punctuation. I blame text messaging. Ie. i no u ppl will b the only ones 2 read this blog
15. I really enjoyed high school, had great friends, but can only think of one person from those days that I still talk to regularly. Not sure why this is.
16. I read lots, and when the book gets good I might stay up all night just to finish it.
17. I had Basal Cell Carcinoma (the most common type of skin cancer) in a mole on the back of my head, which I had removed. While it poses to health risk to me, it does make me a higher risk of a more serious type of skin cancer.
18. Now every time I get a haircut the hairdresser makes a comment about the bald spot on the back of my head.
19. I once went about 6 months without speaking to my bro because we were pissed at each other. Now I wish we could hang out more, and I wish I called him more often. I think he is more fun than I am.
20. I weight as much as 215 pounds in university. Now I am just under 190.
21. I was one of two people in my class of 30 people not to fail a test during fire school. And yes, I am bragging about that.
22. I am a romantic guy. It’s true. I have pulled off a few sweet things in my day. Ie. The Amazing race for Mrs. Brody that took her to 12 spots across the city to represent the 12 months we had been dating, each with a clue to lead her to the next spot. Each spot help some significance in our first year together.
23. I had braces from 2002 thru to 2004. That was not easy while in university, but one of the best decisions I have made. Thanks to Mom for pushing that one.
24. My inability to drink beer causes me stress sometimes. I feel like it stops me from being “one of the guys”.
25. I have been drinking coffee in the morning since as long as I can remember. I am sure I was drinking it in prior to grade 7, although I can’t say for sure.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't think any of that was a shock to me but I do really like the one about your wife... she has a great husband!

Derek Murdoch said...

My top 25 is going to be about husbands/wives commenting on how much they love one another on blogs (and facebook for that matter). bleh! (thats a puking noise) ...

ps - tell me more of your romantic tricks. please.

Good idea though. The facebook ones intrigue me, but I'm not going to do one on there also.

My new mental image of you is as a fat kid with braces showing giant horses, mad at his brother, and reading choose your own adventure books. Outstanding!

And that is mostly because I'm jealous that you are now in shape, and I am far from it.

Unknown said...

I know, the lovey Dovey stuff is a little tough to take, but it's all part of that romantic guy i am.

I would like to see a DM list.