Tuesday, September 4, 2007

I can’t believe…

I often find myself in a situation when I am dumbfounded by someone or something and saying “I can’t believe…” So here is a list of things that I can’t believe.

I can’t believe…

- NASCAR is more popular than NHL hockey in the States… so sad.
- That people don’t signal, it’s rampant and it really bothers me.
- That “So you think you can Dance, and Dancing with the Stars are successful programming …I just don’t’ get it.
- That as a big sports fan, I have three favorite teams, the Leafs, the Riders, and the Jays, and in 25 years of existence I have only celebrated championships three times. That is a 4% success rate, unacceptable. Thank you to our Olympic hokey team of 2002 and our World Junior teams for keeping me out of a deep depression.
- That I don’t enjoy music more… It seems other people get so much enjoyment from it and yet I just can’t seem to get on the “Band” wagon. haha
- Terrorism or Religious War… Sorry to be so deep, but it all seems so unnecessary to me.
- That I get so hung over from beer. It’s like a handicap. Not fair at all.
- It’s not butter
- NBC pulled the show The Black Donnelly’s
- The brutal service given by Bell express VU
- That people can be so bold and so desperate to break into other people houses in the middle of the day and walk out with all sorts of stolen goods.
- The economics of farming, expenses keep going up and revenues remain stagnant year after year.
- That “The Office” isn’t the most popular show on TV…it’s great.
- How much of my life revolves around TV.
- How expensive golf is.
- How serious some guys take rec. hockey.
- How much money I loose of my pay cheques to income tax.
- That trampolines aren’t outlawed. I hate those things.
- That I claim to be very busy at work and yet have time to write the odd blog.

I like this. I think I will have to do a part II sometime.

Go Riders Go.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you haven't seen Transformers yet :)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you like the leafs.

Oilers = 5 championships in my lifetime, and one runner up.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe some of the moves made by Kevin Lowe in the past 6 months. The oilers might be lucky to win 15 games this year.

Anonymous said...

Okay okay, let's not say things we don't really mean and we can't take back...

I'll gladly further this discussion over wings at the press box.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you posed for a picture with your pants off with another man who also had his pants off.

Anonymous said...

Yes, that is regrettable. Just add it to the list of regrettable things I’ve done when drunk.

Anonymous said...

Beer, wings, and sports debate. Sounds perfect. Does the press box have a wing night?

Anonymous said...

Yes. And some of the best wings in town. I just don't remember which night.

It's likely a good thing the leafs and oilers don't play each other this season. That would be ammunition for one of us for the year.

Anonymous said...

You could be right. But to bad for the Leafs they won't be able to play the worst team in the league. HAHA...

Anonymous said...

Is that b/c the leafs joined an old timers league???

Anonymous said...

Or is it because the Leaf's themselves are in fact the worst team in the league?

I can tell this season's going to get ugly.

Anonymous said...

K, so I'm not really interested in the 'debate', but can I come for beers and wings too?

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that I have to leave for work on Saturdays when everyone is still sleeping... it's inhumane!!!