Friday, September 28, 2007

Not funny

It’s been a little over 2 months since I started this silly little blog, and I find it is helping me discover things about myself and the world that I maybe never thought through before. The latest is that I realize that in written word I am just not very funny – you might say average. I have at a few times tried to be funny in my posts and afterwards I think – who am I trying to kid, that was totally lame. My humor is better spent on off the cuff comments, quirky responses, or smart ass remarks. But I have never been much of a story teller and in my blog that is no different. So unless something particularly funny happens to me in my regular, everyday life, I am going to save myself a little embarrassment and stop the lame attempts at comedy. I will leave that to Mr. Murdock, as he seems a little more seasoned at it than I. Yes, that was a compliment Peewee.

Instead I am going to focus on re-evaluating the world, its people, and myself in a detailed, almost philosophical sense. I’m not sure if my readers (all 4 of them) care, or will be at all entertained by my new approach, but I guess I am willing to take the chance.

No comments: