Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The riders are going to the Cup and IT FEELS AWESOME

So our beloved Roughriders did the job against BC and will face the hated Bombers on Sunday the first ever Bomber/Rider Grey Cup. And man am I excited!

It actually is a little surprising how excited I am. To me football has always been clearly the 3rd sport on my list, clearly behind hockey and baseball, and it has never rivaled those sports when it comes to anticipation and excitement for a game. But I haven’t been this excited for a sporting even since the 2002 Olympics Gold Medal Game.

I think part of the season is that none of my favorite teams have played for a championship in some time, and I’ve forgotten just how good it can feel, how exciting it is. During the game against BC I got pretty excited, but that is just a drop in the ocean compared to what I will be like for the big game this weekend.

Already you can feel the energy in Regina, everybody is talking about it and this city is ready to explode. I think they better have to riot police out on Sunday because it could get crazy. This city loves it riders. All ages, from 7-70 will be watching to see how the boys do on Sunday.

Go Rider Go!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where is everyone watching the game on Sunday? We are thinking about having a Rider Watching Party at our house.

Go Riders!!!! Boo Bombers!!!

Anonymous said...

Will it be possible to get into any decent sports bars on Sunday? How early would a person need to show up?

Anonymous said...

I sort of think I want to do to a spots bar. The press box woudl be ideal, but I think we will have to be there about 3 hours ahead of time...at least.

Might be worth it though.

Anonymous said...

My Plan is to go to Bryce and Laurie's. He offered free booze and a projector, who is gonna up the ante to gain my presence?

Anonymous said...

How about the short skirts of the waitresses at the Press Box.
Not that I would look of course…

And Rickards White...does Bryce have Richards White? hmmm.

Anonymous said...

I'd love to be in the bar drinking Richards White and cheering on our Riders. But unfortunately I don't think I have the funding for an endeavor like that. Just the pre-game alone would break me. Oh well.