Monday, October 1, 2007

Royally Drunk






So it was another Saturday night to remember on the weekend when Bankers from across the province gather to celebrate another year of record profits, of staff once again some how meeting the ridiculous sales targets in front of them, allowing the bank to increase the goals even more for next year. And once again, I and many others got royally drunk.
The night started when we walked in and the first people we saw were JAM. Up to that point I wasn’t sure how the night was going to go, but when I saw they were both already happily tipsy, I got all excited and knew it was time to get my drink on.
So into the wine, rye, vodka, champagne…basically whatever I could get my hands on. The rest of the evening turns into a bit of a blur, the awards last hours, resulting in dozens of empty glasses in front of us on the table, drunken conversations with my one time colleagues, multiple identities due to a stack of unused name tags I found, 5000 awards points to Mrs. Jam, drinking wine directly from the bottle, a smuggled bottle of red under my suit jacket and into our awaiting limo, a rather short appearance at the pump, and many PDA’s by JAM. But even with all the making out done by my good friends, Mrs. Jam saved her best kiss for the payment outside subway, when the combination of an unlit curb, and arms tucked deep in her pockets resulted in a pretty nasty lip stand. But even though I fully expected some pretty extensive damage, up she came relatively unharmed, and after we tracked down her shoes that we’re lost in the fall we were on our way. And after getting some wraps at subway (they had no bread – how does that happen) it was back in a cab, some drunken cabbie talk and another royally drunk performance was complete.

3 comments:

Derek Murdoch said...

Those are the best times this time of year if for no other reason than the sunday hangover which results in watching football all day.

well done. Getting drunk in fancy clothes is great.

Anonymous said...

Good times, I forgot about the shoes...and just to confirm the PDA was with Josh right? I have no recollection...:S

Anonymous said...

It was, so you are ok. And thanks for apologizing in your blog. I think I can let it go now.

It was funny. Josh was pretty amazed that you lost BOTH your shoes. haha.