Monday, December 17, 2007

I’m in!

It was another pretty good weekend for me. Late in the workday on Friday I got a call from a coworker that had been invited to sit in a certain telecom providers private box at the Pat’s game. He couldn’t make it and wanted to know if I wanted to three tickets. I, of course, accepted without any hesitation and when I couldn’t find any work colleagues to come with me, invited two lucky readers of this blog – Josh and Dave – to join me. There was a little corporate schmoozing when we got there, but after that we enjoyed free beer and appey’s and watched a pretty good hockey game in which the Pats won 3-2 in a shoot-out.

Then on the way home Zeddie called me and played a message on the answering machine – It was vermillion and they were calling me regarding my application and I should call them back. I pretty much started hyperventilating as I didn’t know what they wanted – were they calling to say I got it – to say that I should try again next year – or was it just that there needed some additional information from me. After dropping Josh off I made it home and tried calling and of course got no answer and left a message. It was such a cruel thing to do, leave a message like that then not answer. So after finally settling down and getting to sleep I woks up Saturday and played it cool. I didn’t call back again until 11 – 10 their time. Again I got no answer, but I left another message trying not to sound to pathetic and needy on the phone. This time I asked them to call me back on my cell.

Then as about 2:42 local time I got the call. It was Randy and he was calling to let me know I was successful in my application to the fire etc. program. Halleluiah! Halleluiah!

I was and still am – pumped! This is only another step in the end goal, but it was an important one.

But I know you are all likely sick of hearing about this, so I will try and blog about something else once in a while. I think I will tell work once I get back from Cuba.

Other good news, I was at a wedding on Saturday and Taylor never showed (for those of you who don’t know who Taylor is – read here). I kept all my clothing on and I don’t even think there will be any embarrassing photos of me. I was pretty sure that Taylor would make an appearance, especially when I sent Zentner home with my parents at 12:30 and stayed behind to catch up with my old comrades from back home. I think one reason that I stayed a little quiet was the cougar that repeatedly tried to get me on the dance floor with her and telling me that Zentner wouldn’t be hot forever. I was honestly scared of her, and at one time even thought about hitting her so she would leave me alone.

But all in all another great weekend.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Persistant cougars rule. They make situations awkward for you and the entire party.

Do you know why Taylor was nowhere to be found? He was upset you cancelled a certain stag party. He was pissed off and likely went to JDs all on his own.

Nice work on fire fighting. I don't even think I own a fire extinguisher, so you're a handy guy to know.

Anonymous said...

So the moral here is when PW sets our house on fire your the first person he is going to call.

Anonymous said...

Does this mean your moving?? Where will the wife go? And more importantly How are we going to get Taylor and Derrick out of JD's?

Anonymous said...

Well just hold of on lighting fires for a few more months. I might as well get some training first.

I will be moving. To Vermilion for a year or so. After that I guess it depends on where I can get a job. Zentner is staying put for now. She has to keep her job – someone has to pay the mortgage.

As for those two drunks in JD’s. They can stay there for now, but I suspect they will meet us in Cuba. Maybe we should go to JD’s on new years to make sure they don’t forget about Cuba.

Anonymous said...

So again if anyone knows of someone would like to rent a basement, help support Brody's cause.

Anonymous said...

I am conisdering going back to school next year to take my masters. Hmmmm, me living with Michelle. hahahahah. WATCH OUT!!!!!!!