Friday, December 14, 2007

Top 10 favorite things about Christmas

10. Sportscentre Year in review – I have to get my sports in. It’s always on right around Christmas. I would say the World Juniors, but they are on passed Christmas.
9. The holiday – just being off work or school for a few days. It’s great to have a couple of extra days to do nothing but eat, sleep, and drink.
8. The gifts – best ones over the years include a Nintendo, a remoter Car race track and a Maple Leafs jersey.
7. Turtles from Grandma – ever year since I can remember – I get two gifts from Grandma and one is always socks and Turtles
6. Stockings – always open stockings first…always.
5. One gift on Christmas Eve – get to open just one. Sometimes it’s the right one, sometimes it’s not.
4. The food – I love Christmas supper and Christmas baking. Time to put on the winter weight.
3. Wifesaver – it’s food again, but I live for Wifesaver on Christmas morning. If you don’t know what that is, you should find out.
2. Family – For the most part I enjoy my family and have always enjoyed the day with them. It’s not always perfect but lots of good times over the years – snowmobiling, skating, curling, shinny, games. It’s all golden
1. The traditions – like opening 1 gift on xmas eve, going to the same place after church on xmas eve, opening stockings first, boxing day curling, Wifesaver, super with the extended family, Turtles. I always look forward to these same things that I know and expect to be a part of my Christmas.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!

Derek Murdoch said...

Worst rant ever.

What is a wifesaver?

Everyone is teaming up against my inner grinch.

I can't wait for the year in review and the top play countdowns.

Anonymous said...

Well at least I still blog DM. 3 posts this far in December. What kind of effort is that. Next weeks top 10 will be the top 10 times that DM has disappointed me.

Wifesaver is a breakfast casserole made of egg, bread, ham, cornflakes, and plenty of Christmas cheer.

I love the best plays countdown. It drives my family crazy because I will watch them over and over again since the Year in Review keep repeating over and over. It may surprise some of you, but I almost always have control of the remote.

Anonymous said...

The best part about wifesaver is that Tyler and his dad make it and I get control of the remote for about 2 minutes... before being yelled at from the kichen for help.

Derek Murdoch said...

Sounds interesting.

I plan on tvo-ing the top plays and then watching them over and over and over and over and over and over again.

I admit my blogging has been sub-par at best.