Monday, September 8, 2008

Boo Ya!

Right on, yes, sweet, awesome, life is good!

I found out today that I got my practicum site at Strathcona County in Sherwood Park. They chose 4 of us from the 18 med students to go there. They are widely regarded as one of the best departments in Alberta and getting by practicum there is a big step in getting a job down the road, should that be the best option for me and Mrs. B. It also can't hurt my chances for any other department. Could be a great reference.

Also, I am officially a licensed Emergency Medical Responder. Next up with be the EMT, which won't be official until I write the provincial exam in February. EMR is only somewhat more qualified than a first-aider, but it's all about baby steps.

Yesterday I sat down on the couch at about 10:30 am. 11+ hours later i got up, having watched about 7 football games, including the riders incredible comeback. Good news it was a great day of watching sports and the riders won, bad news is I did not get much homework done and I lost my opening week of fantasy football. I blame the loss on Carson Palmer and is measly 99 yards passing and Willis McGahee who did not tell me he wasn't playing. A-hole.

I rocked my scenario today when I was incident command at a single story structure fire. I managed 9 firefighters, and had EMS in to save two victims, and managed not to get yelled at. Sure, I gave instructions to ventilate a little early, but I feel the fire was under control.

Tomorrow I get a free lunch.

I get to see the wife in 4 more day.

Life is good everyone... Life. Is. Good.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad to hear things are going as planned :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!

Go Riders! :-)

Brody said...

Thanks JAM!

Go riders! Go Babies!

Anonymous said...

That's a good haul of football. I'm jealous. Also jealous of your free lunch.

Nicely done all around.

I won week one of fantasy, due mostly to Willie Parker's awsomeness. However, I did go 8-7 in my picks. Stupid packers, bears, falcons, saints, titans, and cardinals. Oh well.

go babies indeed. Two weeks to go by my calendar.

Tell your brother Tom to look after that knee and get well soon.

Anonymous said...

I knew they were related! (Pee Wee is shaking his head)

Will you get a cookie for your accomplishment? You deserve a cookie, if they don't give you dessert with the free baloney sandwich maybe Mrs. B can make you cookies and while she's making you cookies she could make the rest of us cookies. That would be awesome.

Anonymous said...

How about a muffin instead??? Being that I made over 9 dozen yesterday to feed the women in my life that are having babies, and Tyler. Don't think this is an open invitation to ask for muffins... criteria: must be pregnant or be my husband. Peewee that doesn't mean you can go to the hospital and pick up some pregnant chick.

Anonymous said...

I have a kid does that count?

Anonymous said...

dammit! my plans have been foiled again!

I'll get you one day gadget...